By Phillip E. Allen, Douglas R. Holberg, Allen
After years of anticipation, revered authors Phil Allen and Doug Holberg convey you the second one variation in their well known textbook, CMOS Analog Circuit Design. From the leading edge of CMOS expertise, Phil and Doug have mixed their services as engineers and teachers to provide a state-of-the-art and powerful assessment of the foundations and strategies for designing circuits. Their major pursuits are:
· to combine the tutorial and functional viewpoints in a therapy that's neither superficial nor overly special and
· to coach analog built-in circuit layout with a hierarchically equipped approach.
many of the suggestions and ideas offered within the moment version were taught over the past ten years to contributors. Their wishes and questions have tremendously formed the revision procedure, making this new version a helpful source for training engineers.
The trademark method of Phil and Doug's textbook is its layout recipes, which take readers step by step during the production of genuine circuits, explaining advanced layout difficulties. The publication presents exact insurance of often-neglected components and intentionally leaves out bipolar analog circuits, due to the fact that CMOS is the dominant expertise for analog built-in circuit layout. applicable for complicated undergraduates and graduate scholars with historical past wisdom in simple electronics together with biasing, modeling, circuit research, and frequency reaction, CMOS Analog Circuit layout, moment Edition, offers a whole photo of layout (including modeling, simulation, and checking out) and permits readers to layout an analog circuit that may be applied by way of CMOS technology.
· Orients the event of the professional in the point of view of layout methodology
· Identifies universal error made via starting designers
· presents issues of each one bankruptcy that strengthen and boost pupil understanding
· includes a number of difficulties that may be used as homework, quiz, or examination problems
· encompasses a new part on switched-capacitor circuits
· comprises priceless appendices that supply simulation innovations and the next supplemental material:
a short evaluate of circuit research for CMOS analog design
A calculator application for reading CMOS circuits
A precis of time-frequency area relationships for second-order structures
Read Online or Download CMOS analog circuit design PDF
Similar electrical & electronic engineering books
"Digital sign Processing: A Computer-Based process" is meant for a two-semester path on electronic sign processing for seniors or first-year graduate scholars. in accordance with person suggestions, a few new issues were further to the second one variation, whereas a few extra issues from the 1st variation were got rid of.
A "how-to" consultant to electromagnetic field-solvers. Many courses during this region are strictly theoretical, yet this guide deals engineers recommendation on choosing the right instruments for his or her RF (radio frequency) and high-speed electronic circuit layout paintings. the focal point is at the strengths and weaknesses of the key advertisement software program programs with many assistance and methods at the use and evaluate of every.
* bankruptcy choice covers all of the helpful themes for a uncomplicated figuring out of circuit research. Op-Amp insurance is built-in all through whilst acceptable in chapters 3,4,5 and eight. * Irwin does it higher than the other textual content out there! This short textual content bargains scholars the main obtainable and confirmed presentation of any circuit research textual content to be had.
- Data, Voice and Video Cabling, 3rd Edition
- Elektroenergiesysteme: Erzeugung, Transport, Übertragung und Verteilung elektrischer Energie GERMAN
- Introduction to Microcontrollers: Architecture, Programming, and Interfacing of the Motorola 68Hc12
- Electrical Construction Databook
- Electronics Testing & Measurement
Additional info for CMOS analog circuit design
Sketch this model in the form of iD versus vDS for a constant value of vGS (vGS > VTS) and identify the saturated and nonsaturated regions. Be sure to extend this sketch for both positive and negative values of vDS. Repeat the sketch of iD versus vDS for a constant value of vGD (vGD > VTD). Assume that both VTS and VTD are positive. 1-12) and Eq. 1-18) describe the MOS model in nonsaturation and saturation region, respectively. These equations do not agree at the point of transition between saturation and nonsaturation regions.
6-5(a). 6-5 (a) KA × N1 × Au + KP × 2(N1 + 1) = C2 KA × N2 × Au + KP × 2(N2 + 1) C1 The ratio of the area and peripheral components by themselves are KA × N1 × Au N1 C1 = = C 2AREA KA × N2 × Au N2 KP × 2(N1 + 1) N1 + 1 C1 = = N +1 C 2 2PER KP × 2(N2 + 1) N1 + 1 N1 N2 + 1 ≠ N2 unless N1= N2 Therefore, the structure in Fig. 6-5(a) cannot achieve constant area to perimeter ratio. ) Homework Solutions: 9/21/2002 20 Consider Fig. 6-5(b). 6-5 (b) Total area = (N + 1) × Au Total periphery = 2(N + 1) (as before) Notice what has happened.
In general, for an nwell process, the well has a greater doping concentration than the substrate and therefore devices in the well will have a larger γ. 1-4 A large-signal model for the MOSFET which features symmetry for the drain and source is given as W iD = K' L [(vGS − VTS)2 u(vGS − VTS)] − [(vGD − VTD)2 u(vGD − VTD)] where u(x) is 1 if x is greater than or equal to zero and 0 if x is less than zero (step function) and VTX is the threshold voltage evaluated from the gate to X where X is either S (Source) or D (Drain).
CMOS analog circuit design by Phillip E. Allen, Douglas R. Holberg, Allen